Woohoo! On call from work! Let’s hope I don’t have to go in tonight and can watch movies into the wee hours with my husband. 🙂
I’ve been back on a Pinterest kick the last few weeks. I’d taken a break from it a while ago because it was the same few pins over and over, and I got bored. And now I’m addicted again. Recipes and crafts are my biggest source of viewing (ahem, cough, cough >time wasted on Pinterest<). I’m trying to be better about not just pinning but doing the pin.
My most recent Pinterest tackle was a batch of Chocolate Granola Bars, originally posted by marathonmom.com. I tweaked the recipe a bit (I’m known for that) to what I had on hand.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup oats (not quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons (or so) of ground sunflower seeds (or whatever kind of nut you’d like). This is the optional ingredient, but oh, so good.
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
What to do:
1. Melt the butter, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium to low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour onto a parchment/wax paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten batter (if that’s what you’d call it) until it’s about 1/2″ thick throughout.
4. Refrigerate until set, much like you would with no bake cookies.
5. Once cooled, flip your giant granola bar onto cutting board and cut to the size you like.
Confession: If you didn’t notice, there actually isn’t any granola in this recipe. Does there have to be to be called a granola bar?
Verdict: Yum. Very similar to no bake cookies.