Six days and counting, people! How excited am I? Majorly excited. I. Cannot. Wait. I have 13.1 on the brain. So, as I count down to the Derby City Mini Marathon, enjoy the next six days worth of mini marathon tidbits, goodies and fun stuff, starting with 13.1 Reasons to Run a Half Marathon, taken from http://www.active.com.
13.1 Reasons to Run a Half Marathon
- It’s a challenging, but manageable distance. Yes, I totally agree. It didn’t seem that way in the beginning, but now, totally manageable and attainable.
- You’re not ready to run a full marathon. Yes, I totally am not ready to train for a full marathon. Life is busy now, but I have been able to train for the mini without much of a problem.
- There are countless races to choose from. True. There are half marathons all through the year that are in a drivable distance from us if I decide to train for another.
- You have a thing for bling. I get a medal after the mini. My first medal. Woohoo!
- You’re contemplating running a full marathon. Why, yes. Yes I am. Not for a long while, but I am in fact thinking of tackling 26.2 miles.
- You want to recover quickly. As a busy mom/nurse/student, I need to be back on my feet as quickly as possible. I unfortunately have to work the night after the mini marathon, so I need to recover uber quickly.
- There is less risk for injury with a half marathon than the full. Well, duh.
- You like to party. This one made me giggle. Races are so much fun. The energy of the crowd is amazing, and there’s so much fun afterwards.
- You want to take your running to a new level. 5k and 10Ks are something to be proud of, but I definitely wanted to go beyond that. I wanted to prove to myself I could do it.
- You want to burn some extra calories. Some? Some?!
- You want new kicks. Yes, I got new running shoes just to train and run the mini in.
- Your wardrobe needs some upgrading. I did get new clothes just for running long distances in. New things are fun.
- You like to travel. Eventually, I want to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon, and you can bet we’re going to plan a fun little family vacation around that run. We’ve done several mini vacations around my husband’s various runs.
13.1 Bragging rights. This isn’t from the website. This is my 13.1 reason. I can say I did it. And I get this sticker for my car.
Why do you run?