So this is how I’ve prepared for my first race tomorrow.
- Woke up Thursday morning around 8am
- Stayed up all Thursday
- Went to work Thursday evening at 645 pm
- Worked all night and got my butt kicked helping delivery babies
- Came home Friday morning and went to bed a little after 8am
- Got a text message at 11:20 warning me in regards to the impending tornado warnings
- Couldn’t go back to sleep and made sure to give my babies hugs and kisses before my husband dropped them off at my parents
- Finally fell asleep close to 1
- Woke up at 3:10 to my husband calling me to take shelter
- Spent 3:30 to 4:50(ish) in the cellar keeping updates on all my family and friends in the areas the tornados touched down
- Emerged from the cellar just before 5pm thankful our house is intact and my family and friends are safe, if not a little traumatized by being in a building that sustained some damage and witnessing tornado touch downs
- Called the unit at 5:15 to see if there was any chance they didn’t need me and I could stay at home on call
- After being told no, put on my scrubs and scrounged up something to eat.
- I will be on the floor, clocked in, and as ready to go as I can be at 6:45 tonight
- I will work my 12 hour shift
- I will run my first 5K tomorrow morning at 8:00
This is going to be interesting.
And for good measure, this is what was close to my parent’s house (where my children were, mind you). Not sure who filmed it.